- Visit of Prof. B.Walczak at Chemical Chemistry Department, Radboud University, Nijmegen, The Netherlands, December 2016
- Bilateral project Poland-South Africa: Visit of Prof. Beata Walczak and MSc student Danuta Liberda in Stellenbosch, RPA, November 2016
- Visit of Prof. Federico Marini, Katowice, Poland, October 2016
- Scix (Facss) Conference, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, 19-23 September 2016
- Radboud Summer School, Nijmegen, The Netherlands, 8-12 August 2016
- Inauguration of bilateral project: Visit of Prof. Dalene De Beer (Post-Harvest and Wine Technology Division, Agricultural Research Council, South Africa), Dr. Paul Williams and MSc student Jade Tobin (Department of Food Science Stellenbosch University, South Africa) in Katowice
- XVI Chemometrics in Analytical Chemistry (CAC), Barcelona, Spain, 6-11 June 2016
- Pre-conference course: Preprocessing of instrumental signals, Barcelona, Spain, 5.06.2016
- X Seminarium Naukowe: Aktualne Problemy w Chemii Analitycznej, Katowice, Poland, 13.05.2016
- PhD defense of Jasper Engel, Radboud University Nijmegen, Nijmegen, Netherlands, 21.03.2016
- Visit of Prof. Beata Walczak in Nantes, February 2016
- Visit of Prof. Beata Walczak in Univeristy of Genua, Genua, January 2016
- Visit of Prof. Beata Walczak in Modena in the group of Prof. Marina Cocchi, Chemistry Department, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy, November 20015-February 2016
- XV Chemometrics in Analytical Chemistry (CAC), Changsha, China, 22-26 June 2015
- Scandinavian Symposium on Chemometrics (SSC14), Sardinia, Italy, 14-17 June 2015
- Conference TRICAP 2015, Val di Zoldo, Italy, 31 May - 6 June 2015
- IX Seminarium Naukowe: Aktualne Problemy w Chemii Analitycznej, Katowice, Poland, 15 May 2015
- Visit of Prof. Beata Walczak at AgroParisTech in the group of Prof. Douglas Rutledge.
The stay supported by the NITKA project within the European Social Fund, Paris, France, March 2015
- Visit of Federico Marini, Katowice, Poland, 28 January - 5 February 2015
- Chimiometrie XVI, Geneva, Switzerland, 19-21 January 2015
- PhD defense of Marta Bevilacqua, University 'La Sapienza', Rome, Italy, 18 December 2014
- 6th International Chemometrics Research Meeting Golden Tulip Val Monte, Berg en Dal, Nijmegen, The Netherlands, 14-18 September 2014
- 7th Central Europe Conference 'Chemistry towards Biology', Katowice, Poland, 9-12 Semptember 2014
- Visit at Radboud University, Nijmegen, The Netherlands, July 2014
- GeoMap, Palacky University, Olomuniec, Czech Republic, 16-20 June 2014
- CAC 2014, Richmond, USA, 16-20 June 2014
- VIII Seminarium Naukowe: Aktualne Problemy w Chemii Analitycznej, Katowice, Poland, 16.05.2014
- PhD defense of Sarin Nhek, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, As, Norway, 18th of December 2013
- The 2nd International Conference on New Trends in Chemometrics and Applications (NTCA-2013), Ankara, Turkey, 25-28 October 2013
- The 5th Edition of the Chemometric Workshop, Badajoz, Spain, 17-18 October 2013
- 8th Colloquium Chemiometricum Mediterraneum, Bevagna, Italy, 30 June - 4 July 2013
- PhD defense of Magdalena Kauczynska-Karlsson, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, As, Norway, 14th of June 2013
- CoDaWork, Vorau, Austria, 3-7 June 2013
- BCS Workshop, Inspiring new methods, Leuven, Belgium, 31st of May 2013
- Analytical Conference, Katowice, Poland, 17th of May 2013
- PhD defense of T. G. Bloemberg, Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen, Netherlands, 5th of May 2013
- ANAKON 2013, Essen, Germany, 4-8 March 2013
- Afrodata 2012, 2nd African-European Conference on Chemometrics, Stellenbosch, South Africa, 19-23 November 2012
- Preconference course: "Multivariate classification methods" Stellenbosch, South Africa, 19 November 2012
- The fifth Polish conference on "Chemometrics - Methods and Applications", Zakopane, Poland, 18-21 October 2012
- Between Sciences - Physicists and Chemists Meeting, Chorzow, Poland, 5 October 2012
- 55th PTChem and SITPChem Meeting, Bialystok, Poland, 16-20 September 2012
- 29th International Symposium on Chromatography (ISC 2012), Torun, Poland, 9-13 September 2012
- 4th EuCheMS Chemistry Congress, Prague, Czech Republic, 26-30 August 2012
- PhD defense of Agnieszka, Nijmegen, Netherlands, 28th of August 2012
- The 13th Conference Chemometrics in Analytical Chemistry (CAC 2012), Budapest, Hungary, 25-29 June 2012
- Workshop on classification, Nofima, As, Norway, 11th June 2012
- PhD defense of Sahar, As, Norway, 31st of May 2012
- PhD defense of Erik Alm, Stockholm, Sweden, 25th of May 2012
- Analytical Conference, Katowice, Poland, 18th of May 2012
- Visit of Dalene and Alex from RPA, May, 2012
- The 8th Winter Symposium on Chemometrics (WSC-8), Drakino, Russia, 27.02-2.03.2012
- Opening ceremony of Massart's aula at VUB combined with meeting of Belgian Chemometrics Society, VUB, Brussels, 16 December 2011
- 2011 Eastern Analytical Syposium and Exposition, Session EAS Award for Outstanding Achievements in Chemometrics Honoring Prof. Beata Walczak, Somerset, NJ, USA, 16 November 2011
- PhD defense of Julia Isaeva, Norway
- The 1st International Conference on New Trends in Chemometrics and Applications, Faculty of Pharmacy, The Ankara University, Side-Antalya, Turkey, 8-11 October 201
- The 5th International Chemometrics Research Meeting, Nijmegen, The Netherlands, 25-29 September 2011
Last two photos kindly provided by Dr. R. Jellema
- Chemometric session at Euroanalysis 2011, Belgrade, Serbia, 12 September 2011
- The 2nd Polish Congress of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Krakow, Poland, 5-9 September, 2011
- Chemometric course in Biala Podlaska, 1-2 September 2011
- Visit in Norway, August 2011
- HPLC2011, Budapest, Hungary, 19-23 June 2011
- 12th Scandinavian Symposium on Chemometrics, Hotel LEGOLAND, Billund, Denmark, 7-10 June 2011
- Chromatographic conference in Szczyrk, 8-10 June 2011
- Annual Workshop of Italian Chemometric Society, Albano Laziale, Italy, 22-28 May 2011
- XV Jubilee Syposium on Applications of spectroscopic methods for studying materials and chemical compounds, Poznan, Poland, 25 May 2011
- XII National Spectroscopy Congress, Antalya, Turkey, 18-22 May 2011
- Visual impression from Analytical Symposium, Katowice, 13 May 2011
- Visit of Dr. Paul Lewi, who delivered a series of lectures on "Pharmaceutical industry" at the Institute of Chemistry, Katowice, Poland, 7-15 May, 2011
- Spring Meeting of Chemistry Students, Murzasichle, Poland, 13-17 April 2011
- Visit of Dr. Jim Burger, 1-6 December, 2010
- The 12th Conference Chemometrics in Analytical Chemistry (CAC 2010), 18-21 October 2010, Antwerp, Belgium
- Afrodata, First African-European Conference on Chemometrics, 20-24 September 2010, Mining School of Rabat, Rabat, Morocco
- The 8th Polish Conference on Analytical Chemistry, section of Chemometrics and Metrology, Cracow, Poland, 6 July 2010
- Chemometric course at Bee Research Institute in Bejing, China, 28.06-1.07.2010
- Habilitation promotion of Michal Daszykowski at Collegium Maius, Jagiellonian University, Poland, 16 June 2010
- XIV Polish Symposium on applications of spectroscopic methods for investigation of materials and chemical compounds, Poznan, Poland, 27 May 2010
- Chromatographic conference in Szczyrk, 25 May 2010
- Course of Multivariate Curve Resolution by prof. R. Tauler, May 2010 (founded by the UPGOW project)
- RENACQ_4, Beni Mellal, Maroc, 12-13 March 2010
- The 7th Winter Symposium on Chemometrics (WSC-7) near Saint Petersburg, Russia, February 15-19, 2010.
- Visit of Prof. Beata Walczak in Modena in the group of Dr. Marina Cocchi, Chemistry Department, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy, October, 2009.
- Visit of Prof. Beata Walczak at Department of Pure and Applied Research in Analytical Chemistry, October, 2009 in the group of Dr. Federico Marini.
The travel grant was founded by the UPGOW project
- Opening lecture of Prof. Johann Gasteiger at the Institute of Chemistry (19 October 2009), Katowice, Poland. Prof Gasteiger will deliver a series of lectures on chemoinformatics financed by the UPGOW project.
- Visit of dr. Ivana Stanimirova at Institute of Environmental Assessment and Water Research, Barcelona, Spain (1-30.09.2009) in the group of Prof. Roma Tauler. The travel grant was founded by the UPGOW project
- "New analytical techniques in determining quality of drugs", Lublin (24-25 September 2009), Poland
- Visit of dr. Michal Daszykowski in Stockholm, 12.09.2009
- Visit of dr. Michal Daszykowski at Department of Analytical Chemistry, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden (1-30.09.2009)
The travel grant was founded by the UPGOW project
- Atlantic Omics Symposium and Expo, June 19 - 20, 2009, Moncton, Canada
- TRICAP (ThRee-way methods In Chemistry And Psychology), June 14 - 19, 2009, Nuria, Spain
- The 11th Scandinavian Symposium on Chemometrics, SSC11, June 8 - 11, 2009, Loen, Norway
- The XXXIInd Symposium "Chromatographic methods of investigating the organic compounds", Szczyrk, 3-6 June, 2009, Poland
- Scientific stay of dr. Stanimirova and dr. Daszykowski at Dalhousie University, Department of Chemistry,
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, in Laboratory for Chemometrics under supervision of Prof. P.D. Wentzell.
- Defense of Bulent Ustun, 8 May 2009, Nijmegen, The Netherlands.
- Editors' Conference being held in Dublin by Elsevier, 27-29 March 2009.
- Since the 3rd of November 2008 we have a new visitor at our Department - dr. Lukasz Komsta from Chair and Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy,
Medical University of Lublin, Poland, who will stay with us for one month and perform joint research.
The fourth Polish conference on "Chemometrics - Methods and Applications", Zakopane, Poland (23-26.10.2008)
- Ph.D. defense of Harald Grove, MATFORSK, Norwegian Food Research Institute, Aas, Norway (13-14.10.2008)
- III Worshop organized by Spanish Chemometrics Society , Burgos, Spain (15-16.09.2008)
- The 11th Conference on Chemometrics in Analytical Chemistry, CAC 2008, Montpellier, 30.06-4.07.2008, Montpellier, France
Have a look at a complete album from CAC 2008
- II Conference on "Actual problems in analytical chemistry", Institute of Chemistry, 30 May 2008, Katowice, Poland
- Visit at Max-Born Institute, 19-22.05.2008, Berlin, Germany
- 40 Years Anniversary Institute of Statistics and Probability Theory, Vienna University of Technology, Vienna 19.10.2007
- TRACE meeting in Katowice, 20-21.09.2007
- Chemometrics and Statistics in Industrial Practice, today and in the next 15 years, 15th Anniversary ColloQuium, Leuven, September 7, 2007, Belgium
- Chemometrics in food traceability studies. Chemometric toolbox roll-out (TRACE workshop at Radboud University, Nijmegen, The Netherlands, 28-29 June 2007)
- Visiting Szczyrk, the 31st edition of the conference on "Chromatographic methods of investigating the organic compounds" (4-6.06.2007)
- Spring Conversatorium 2007, organized at the Institute of Chemistry, The University of Silesia (24 May 2007, Katowice, Poland). One of our MSc students, Marta Michalska presented a poster and presentation on the "Application of chemometric methods to exploration of water quality data".
- Course in Chemometrics at Vrije Universiteit Brussel organized within TRACE project (7-11 May 2007, Brussels, Belgium).
- TRACE 3rd Annual Meeting, Limenas Hersonissou, Crete, Greece (26-27 April 2007)
- Meeting of Work Package 6 members working within the TRACE project (7.03.2007 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Among the participants there was Minister of Higher Education,
Science and Technology of the Republic of Slovenia, dr. Jure Zupan.
- On the 26th of February 2007, Xavier Capron, has received his PhD at Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
Good luck Xavier !
Visit of Mr. Bulent Ustun, a PhD student of Prof. L. Buydens from
the Institute for Molecules and Materials Analytical Chemistry, Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands. His research is focused on Support Vector Machines
for classification and regression problems.
The 3rd Conference: "Chemometrics - Methods and Applications", 19-22 October 2006 Zakopane, Poland
On the 2nd of October three MSc students, Agnieszka Smolinska, Marta Michalska and Michal Wrobel started their MSc at the Department of Chemometrics.
They will be working on the following topics related to applications of chemometrics in chemistry (from left-hand-side on the below picture):
"Construction of classification models for chromatographic data" (Agnieszka Smolinska)
"Chemometric methods in exploration of analytical data" (Marta Michalska)
"Application of chemometric methods in determining purity of chromatographic peaks" (Michal Wrobel)
TRACE meeting 27-29.09.2006, Genua, Italy
Since the 19th of September we have a new visitor at our Department - Anna Bodzon-Kulakowska, who is a PhD student at the Jagiellonian University in Cracov.
She is busy with 2-d gel electrophoresis and gels alignment. Together with her we enjoy chemometric analysis of gels.
CAC 2006 - The 10th International Conference on Chemometrics in Analytical Chemistry
Aguas de Lindoia, Brasil, 10-15.10.2006
The Jubilee XXXth Symposium 'Chromatographic Methods of Investigating the Organic Compounds'
Katowice-Szczyrk, Poland, 12-14.06.2006
TRACE 2nd annual meeting - Traceability and the origin of food
Prague, Czech Republic, 24-26.06.2006
4th International Chemometrics Research Meeting
Veldhoven, The Netherlands, 28.05-1.06.2006
The bi-annual Belgian Chemometrics Symposium
Brussel, Belgium, 28.04.2006
Organized as a tribute to Prof. D. L. Massart. During the symposium the D.L. Massart Award in Chemometrics for best PhD thesis was granted to Dr. Gabriel Vivo;-Truyols
Semiannual TRACE Work Package 6 meeting
Tarragona, Spain, 16-17.03.2006
- We share with everyone our sadness and grief caused by the death on December 26th, 2005 of Prof. Desire Luc Massart, the world's leading chemometrician and one of the Founding Fathers of the discipline, whom we consider as our great Teacher and under whose inspiring influence we have been privileged to work and grow for over one decade.
On February 18th, 2005, The Foundation for Polish Science (FNP) awarded
Dr. Michal Daszykowski with a one-year scholarship.
This award is granted each year to the outstanding young scientists of Polish nationality, upon evaluation of their academic achievement.
Dr. M. Daszykowski has stayed for four years with the Chemometrical Group at The Free University of Brussels, Faculty of Pharmacy (VUB-FABI), supervised in his post-graduate and post-doctoral studies by Prof. B. Walczak and Prof. D. L. Massart. At the moment Dr. M. Daszykowski is employed at the researching/teaching post in the Department of Chemometrics (The University of Silesia).
Herewith, Dr. M. Daszykowski wishes to acknowledge his scientific mentors, Prof. B. Walczak and Prof. D. L. Massart, for their long-term assistance and shaping of his scientific personality.
He would also like to express his gratitude to FNP for their confidence in the young Polish scientists and for their magnanimous support given to science.
Krzysztof Kaczmarek's PhD graduation ceremony
III Conference on Information Systems in Chemistry SIC'2005
Bezmiechowa, Poland, 20-22.10.2005
Defense of PhD thesis by Ivana Stanimirova
The 7th Polish Conference on Analytical Chemistry
"Analytics in civilization development"
Torun, Poland, 3-7.07.2005
The XXIXth Symposium Chromatographic Methods of Investigating the Organic Compunds
Katowice-Szczyrk, Poland, 8-10.06.2005
Elsevier Editors' Conference in Edinburgh
Edinburgh, Scotland, 7.05.2005
Visit to Janssen Pharmaceutica Products
Beerse, Belgium, 3.05.2005
ETEW-ORSTAT seminar, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
Leuven, Belgium, 2.05.2005
TRACE 1st annual meeting - Traceability and the origin of food
York, UK, 18-20.04.2005
Meeting of members of Workapackage 6 - Statistical Specifications
- Michal Daszykowski's PhD graduation ceremony
- Defenses of PhD theses by Adam Smolinski and Krzysztof Kaczmarek
- Nomination of Dr. hab Beata Walczak to professorship in chemical sciences
- Appointment of Prof. Beata Walczak as Editor of the Elsevier's book series: 'Data Handling in Science and Technology'
- Appointment of Prof. Beata Walczak as Editor of 'Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems
- Appointment of Prof. Beata Walczak as Member of the Editorial Board of 'Talanta'
- Visit of Mr. Sven Serneels, PhD student in chemometrics at the University of Antwerp in our Department